Transformers Q&A Round 1
The Hasbro Transformers team has returned their answers to our burning questions for the very first round of Transformers Q&A! Without further ado, here is the latest, direct from the creative team themselves!
Transformers Q&A: Round 1
1) As with the designer of the old and new Millennium Falcon, are any original members of the Transformers team still working on the 25th anniversary?
Nobody on the Hasbro Transformers team. There is some continuity at
Takara but there are not any "original" TF project members still working
2) Does Hasbro have any plans in the works for a new release of Kup, perhaps as a contemporary pickup truck or other modern vehicle? He is seldom seen in toy form, and a new version of this gruffly likable old warrior is long due, in recognition of his fan favorite status, and the high regard of voice actor and movie legend Lionel Stander!
Agree Kup and a few other classic characters should be redone/updated.
As we have done over the years when there is a good place to do a classic
character we will. Stay tuned.
3) Will there be any other g1 re-releases beyond Optimus Prime?
We have a couple others in mind that we are not ready to announce yet
as they will likely be retailer exclusives in the fall if they happen. But
they won't come with DVD, comic, etc.
4) The mercenary Decepticon Lockdown has been a big hit with we fans of the Transformers : Animated showline. Is there any chance of seeing a "realistic" version of this cunning bounty hunter in another Transformers toyline?
The TF team really likes that character too. We don't have any current
plans to do Lockdown in a realistic version yet, but that would be pretty
cool so consider it on our list!
5) Will the character of Wheelie be included in the 25th anniversary celebration?
Wheelie will be included in the 25th Anniversary line. He will be one
of several Legends figures and is certainly a nod to his fan following!
Thanks to everyone for the great questions! Start thinking up some more for the next Q&A round, which will be submitted on December 1st, 2008!
Posted by charlie on October 13th 2008, 05:51 PM